Via our website you can complete our ‘Send Us A Message’ form to enquire about the services or products we offer. This information, which is supplied voluntarily by you will include – name, email, phone number, and your enquiry or question. By submitting, you are consenting to acceptance of this policy, along with our standard Terms & Conditions.
Should you contact us by other methods such as email, phone or letter, we will also obtain the same information about you. We will use the information you provide to us to comply with your request.
We are fully committed to handling personal information in accordance with data protection legislation and best data protection practices. This means that your personal information will be:
1. Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.
2. Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
3. Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes.
4. As accurate and up to date as possible.
5. Retained for a reasonable period of time, in accordance with retention policies.
6. Processed in a manner which ensures an appropriate level of security.
How information about you will be used
Personal information that you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
• To process and respond to requests and enquiries received from you;
• To provide information about our services;
• To provide the services requested by you;
• To contact you about the services or products requested by you;
• To monitor client satisfaction;
• To keep our records up to date;
• To provide ongoing support;
• To collect information when you voluntarily provide feedback, participate in surveys or respond to emails.
Personal data access
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please email or write to us at the address below. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate. Further information can be obtained on personal data and the law at www.ico.org.uk
We will only process personal information where we believe we have a lawful basis to do so which is gaining consent to provide the information and services requested from contacts.
In some instances, we automatically collect certain types of information when you visit our website and through emails that we exchange. The collection of this information ‘cookies’ will allow us to improve the effectiveness of our website.
We may collect information about the computer or device which is used to access our website.
We use this information to improve the user experience, and to help us better understand the ways in which our website is used. This may include information about:
• The computer or device type
• IP address
• Operating system
• Browser type and version
• Time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions
This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. It is collected on an anonymous, aggregated basis and does not identify individual users.
Your rights where we are processing your information
The law in the UK gives certain rights to individuals whose information is being processed by a third party. The
following is a quick summary of these rights:
• Access to your information – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
• Correcting your information – we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date, and so you may ask the Institute to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
• Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask to delete personal information about you where:
o You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it
o We are using that information with your consent and you have withdrawn your consent
– see ‘withdrawing consent to using your information’ below.
o You have validly objected to us using your personal information – see ‘objecting to
how we may use your information’ below.
o The way we use your personal information is contrary to law or the Institute’ other legal
• Objecting to how we may use your information – you have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In addition, where the Company uses your personal information to perform tasks carried out in the public interest, or in exercising official authority vested in it then, if you ask us to, we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.
• Restricting how we may use your information – in some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. This right might apply, for example, where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information. The right might also apply if the Company no longer has a basis for using your personal information but you don’t want us to delete the data. Where this right is validly exercised, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims, or where there are other public interest grounds to do so.
• Withdrawing consent using your information – where we use your personal information with your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time, and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us in any of the ways set out in the ‘contact information’ section if below you wish to exercise any of these rights.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services requested. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. As customers, we will contact you annually to ensure your data held is correct and provide you with an option to opt-out of our services. Upon request, we will delete your information as quickly as possible.
How to contact us
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Or write to us at our address:
The Neptune Restaurant With Rooms
85 Old Hunstanton Road
Norfolk, PE36 6HZ